VCI Valves - Ball Valves, CSA & FM Approved Safety Shutoff Valves
Established in 1987, VCI Inc. is a Canadian based manufacturer of a wide range of ball valves and valve related products. VCI valves are available in sizes of up to 12”, for pressures up to 6000 psig, and a wide variety of materials. VCI has gained considerable ground in North America, and has established a leading position in Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution (ULC, CSA & FM Global) as well as High and Low Pressure Steam workings.
VCI offers a complete line of ball valves including; CSA Approved Valves, FM Approved Valves, Hygienic Valves, Cryogenic valves and Steam Valves. This has amounted to years of honing and perfection, allowing VCI to offer only the very best valves and actuators to our clients.
Some of the basic VCI cryogenic valve features include:
- Positive ball cavity relief by means of an upstream relief hole in the ball - prevents dangerous overpressure due to thermal expansion.
- Blow out proof stem and zero leak packing
- Bonnet extensions - wall thicknesses and lengths that keep heat transfer down
- Poly-Carbon seats for -190°F and Kel-F seats for -320°F
- VCI offer one of the most superior and competitive automation packages
- On request, VCI will "custom test" the ball valve per the client's requirements.
- VCI assembles all cryogenic service valves in our clean room facility. Prior to final assembly, valve components are cleaned and degreased. Valves are dry assembled and pressure tested by the utilization of nitrogen. After all testing has been completed, VCI valves are heat-sealed in two 3 mil polyethylene bags.
The full CSA approved LOWE Valve is a new concept utilizing a patented spiral motion to open and close, combined with some of the desirable features of Gate, Ball and Plug valves without the disadvantages. It is not the same as any other valve although some characteristics resemble other types, and consequently the LOWE Valve assembly, operation are different from other types of valves.Some features include;
- Metal to metal sealing bubble tight shut off
- Non-lubricated operation
- Full CSA approvals
- Low torque quarter turn operation
- Actuator compatibility
- Intrinsically fire safe, all steel construction
- Full static grounding
- Integral metal to metal backseat
- Blowout proof system
- No Washers
- No Sealing compound
- No Disassembly prior to inline welding
- No Mmaintenance requirements
VCI also offers Metal Seated Valves: unique metal to metal safety shutoff Ball Valves, all of various series but universal tailored to comply with ANSI Class V/VI Leakage Standards. These ball valves are all designed specifically for the client’s service conditions. The Series “S” pneumatic rack and pinion actuators offer excellence in standards of safety, reliability, and value. The Series F200K ball valves are suitable for mounting onto a full range of pneumatic and electric controls.